Together, we are working hard and are committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all the people we serve, both customers and colleagues, by putting extra measures in place so you can feel confident that you are in safe hands.
Adapting our recovery teams’ delivery and collection process has allowed us to continue to serve and support the hospitality industry throughout the pandemic.
From talking with our customers, you made it clear that safe, contactless collections were important. We want to assure you that we’ve adapted and these are the key changes we’ve made:
- As part of our commitment to social distancing and the environment we protect, our recovery teams are now going paperless and are able to offer a contactless service
- Instead of a printed Waste Transfer Note, customers will now receive an email after delivery, ensuring that everyone is as safe as possible while still meeting legal requirements to show where your waste goes
- We encourage customers to use electronic payment methods to minimise the handling of cash, please contact your local depot if you would like to change the way you pay
- By customers bringing used cooking oil and food waste bins outside on collection days, we eliminate the need for our drivers to enter your premises
- Wherever possible, fresh oil will be delivered to the entrance of your kitchen/premises to also limit contact
Recovery teams and routes
- Personal hand sanitisers have been provided to all our drivers so they can maintain high levels of personal hygiene and sanitise after every collection/delivery
- Face coverings will be worn by our drivers during every collection/delivery
- Routes have been structured wherever possible to ensure single driver occupancy. Where this is not possible, colleagues operate in fixed teams
- Drivers should always use the same vehicle, and where this is not possible vehicles are deep cleaned before another driver uses them
- In order for us to accommodate the UK hospitality industry, we have changed our delivery days to best serve your changing needs. This means that your next delivery may not be on its expected date as we make these changes so you may wish to plan your next order accordingly
- All our colleagues have been trained on our Covid-19 standard operating procedures on how to stay safe in each of their role types
- We have a pandemic policy in place which everyone is aware of and trained on
- An internal Covid-19 Reporting and Response process is in place to further support our colleagues in our new Covid secure environment and minimise risk of spreading
- Each of our sites has been reviewed and guidance established to ensure that the number of people on site does not exceed the maximum amount identified to ensure social distancing is in operation
- Our colleagues are able to work from home where operationally practical, this helps free up space in the depots to work distanced from each other
- Hand sanitiser stations are available at all sites as well as personal supplies for driver
- Temperature checks are enforced at the entrance of all of our sites, anyone with a raised temperature will be sent home
- Face coverings will be worn by all our office based employees when moving around the Olleco sites and all essential visitors on site
- Weekly wellbeing emails are shared with everyone at Olleco
- All site cleaning regimes have been reviewed and improved to ensure the safest possible working environment
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our colleagues who worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic to continue to serve our customers on the front line who remained open. Olleco is always strongest when we pull together and support each other to be the best we can be.
If you would like to place an order, book a collection or update your contact details, please get in touch with your local depot.